I am sorry to say that it has come to this, but because I have had so many requests for book reviews this is what I need to do in order to keep this blog going. I have been posting 3+ book reviews a week, and this is like a full time job. From now on, I will be charging for book reviews in order to make sure I am not being taken advantage of. Since I do market the books I review heavily on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon, I am not only giving out in depth reviews, but beneficial marketing exposure as well. I have also found that the Go Indie Now! Bibliotherapy Box is taking up most of my time, and unfortunately, working for free is not an option for me anymore. I am an author and need time to work on my own novels, as well as my life off of the internet, instead of being bogged down with reviews. Below are the updated rates, and they may charge over time:
- ebook reviews: $20 (Any ebook reviews I have now will be charged, due to the immense volume of the ebooks that have been sent to me; however, if I reached out to you and offered a review, you will not be charged.)
- Paperback Reviews: $10 (Any paperbacks I have now will not be charged, as well as any future reviews where I ask to review a book.)
- Go Indie Now! Book Reviews to be Considered for the Box: $20
- Author Interview/Feature: $5
- *Any extra promotion will cost more. These rates are for a review to be posted on my blog, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads.*
- Go Indie Now Excellence in Literature Award Book Entry Charge: $5
I have grappled with this thought for quite a long time, and have researched heavily whether this is something that is fit for me, and it definitely is a change that I need to make. The amount of time I put into this blog, the reviews, and marketing all books sent over to me is almost 24/7 and unfortunately, a hobby doesn’t make a living. Thank you so much for your understanding, and I just wanted you all to know that I love you, and adding this to my blogging career will benefit you in the long run. Not only will you be getting more of my valuable time, but you will be getting heavy exposure on all of my social media and in the Go Indie Now! Bibliotherapy Box as well.
FOR BOOK REVIEW REQUESTS FILL OUT FORM: Book Review Request Form
IF BOOK REQUEST WEBSITE IS DOWN EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
SIGN UP FOR GO INDIE NOW! MONTHLY BOOK BOX: Go Indie Now!
WOULD YOU LIKE AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF MY BOOKS? REQUEST HERE
*Donations are more than welcome and help me to keep my reviews and marketing services free. Please help me to keep my blog going! All donations will receive a gift.*
2 thoughts on “Update – Charging for Reviews”
Sounds like a sensible idea.
Thank you, Joe! I know a lot of other book bloggers have gotten backlash for charging, but sometimes it does become necessary for those of us who are avidly reading and posting reviews 2 -3 times per week. I really appreciate your support ❤